Thursday, November 18, 2010

I love snow!

I'm sitting in my apartment, it's 10:15pm and I have the blinds fully open onto the alley, watching the snow falling under the street lamp.

I grew up on the west coast, I'm used to rain, not snow. Growing up, I would wait impatiently for snow, and get really upset and disappointed when the Weather Network would "lie" to me about snow in the forecast. The disappointment in a lack of snow would double if it were christmas morning and I was hoping so much for a white christmas! Alas, it rarely happens. But maybe this year! Two years ago I had a white Christmas, the first I'd had in a long, long time. Anyway, that's basically it, I love snow, and it's snowing! I hope it sticks! So far it's sort of sticking to the dumpster - Of course, that's the only thing I can really see from my viewpoint, seeing as I face the alley... The dumpster and the bare back of Toys R Us, which has had graffiti painted over multiple times... This year, now that I have my DSLR, I hope to get some really nice snow shots. I have these from my little point and shoot:




These were from Winter of 2008, before I went to Ireland and when Blake lived at Main and 41st. These are at his place.

The following are from when I was living in residence at SFU. I loved my time there, especially when it would snow so much that the entire school would shut down, and we'd get stranded! The buses would stop running, and we'd be stuck. The beauty about SFU being on a mountain is that there are tons of hills to go sledding... And one of my favourite things to do when I stayed up ridiculously late was to go for walks around campus, and this of course was especially awesome in the snow.








J'adore la neige! Isn't that right, Genine? Do you not agree??? Mais non, je sais, tu deteste la neige...

Anyway, I will be posting more about food, soon. Especially if I can start eating full meals again soon...

On a side note, Arrested Development is on one of the really high-up channels on shaw, and it's reminding me of just how much I love this show!

Anyong!

2 comments:

  1. J'adore la neige as well. It's like Christmas came early. Maybe Harry Potter had something to do with this :P. Love your compilation of pics. I think one of my all time faves is the chair on top of the cracked ice. Can't wait for you to bust out your DSLR and take some new photos :).

    ReplyDelete